Thursday, September 3, 2015

Peppermint Patty Frosting

So today is my son's 2nd birthday! 

Where did these last two years go? I have no idea. We are having a party for him on the weekend but since my husband will be home for dinner tonight I felt we should celebrate with just the four of us. So I decided to make a little 6 inch cake for him. I was trying to think of something to make it a little different then just a chocolate cake.
As I am drinking my coffee with peppermint patty creamer.

I was melting peppermint patty wax sprinkles in my melter.(if you are interested in these my friend Jenny sells them. https://www.pinkzebrahome.com/streeterjenny )

So this all got me thinking about our candy stash for s'mores and my son always picks out peppermint pattys. I just happened to have some chopped up from another recipe that I had made. So I made a peppermint patty frosting.

Yum! I tinted it blue and frosted a chocolate cake. It's not a nice clean smoothe cake because of the chunks in the frosting but it is going to be delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment