This cake was done with peanut butter frosting so the texture was a little different for piping. I was very surprised at how yellow it came out even tho it started out a tan color. I also airbrushed a little yellow over it to make it a bit brighter.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
This is a chunk of cake that I didn't need from another cake that I had made.
We did a ruffle starting from the bottom of the cake and slightly changing the color as we went up.
Top view of the cake.
My daughter wanted to add sprinkles to the cake.
This is my daughters idea of helping make a cake.
I guess someone has to clean the dishes.
Monday, September 24, 2012
When I first wanted to make an ice cream cake I had the hardest time finding a recipe for it. This one will be similar to Dairy Queens ice cream cake but you can always use whatever flavor combinations you would. Or try out different things other then cookies like M and Ms, nuts, chocolate flakes, caramel any thing you can think of.
- To start line the bottom of a springform pan with foil in case the ice cream starts to leak. You don't want that mess on your counter or in your freezer.
- My ice cream wasn't too hard so I was able to scoop some in and spread it right away. (If needed let it sit out for about 10 min to soften a little) I put about a half inch of vanilla in first. Then put into the freezer until firm.
- When the ice cream is almost firm place about 20 cookies in a bowl and chop them, I used a wooden spatula. I like them to be bigger chunks but however you like them is good. If you want you could use a food processor to chop them. Add enough fudge to coat them.
- Spread cookie mixture into springform pan, press down lightly on the cookies.
- Spread remaining fudge onto of cookies. Place back into the freezer to get firm.
- Spread about a half inch of chocolate ice cream into the springform pan and place back into the freezer.
- Spread vanilla ice cream into pan to fill to the top and freeze overnight.
- Get a towel wet with hot water and rub on the outside of the springform pan. (this will help loosen the ice cream from the collar) Remove collar from pan. Warm up the bottom the same way as the sides and place cake on a plate or board.
- Frost cake with whipped topping and decorate however you would like.
Saturday, September 22, 2012
This cake was made with a giant cupcake pan.
I took the colors of the Packers and made it into a golden birthday cake.
For the top half of the cake I tinted the frosting golden yellow and then used an airbrush to spray gold food coloring over it. Was hoping it would have been a little more of a gold color but it turned out pretty good.
The sign onto of the cake says Go Pack Go!
On one side of the cake I wrote Happy 23rd Birthday!
It is kind of hard to see in the picture but there is also sugar pearls on the cake.
On the other side it said Hope It's Golden.
Celebrating Cakes and Bakes Facebook page receiving its 100th like!
One lucky participant will be able to chose a dozen cupcakes of their choice in flavor and I will deliver them to you. So as long as you are within an hour driving distance from Fond du Lac, Wi or willing to drive to meet me then you can WIN!
Here is what you need to do tell me what is one of your favorite things to cook, bake or eat in the fall.
For me I love to use pumpkin in the fall. Pumpkin Cake and Cheesecake are two of my favorites.
Everyone who comments on this post will be entered and a winner will be picked randomly.
Winner will be chosen on October 1, 2012
Don't forget to check back to see if you won.
Don't forget to check back to see if you won.
The winner will be posted and will be able to pick the flavor and date that they would like their cupcakes.
If you are having trouble commenting here is what you need to do.
After you put your comment in the in the scroll box select Name/ULR type in your name, leave the ULR blank and then click on publish. If that still doesn't work and you are on Facebook, visit my page and let me know what your answer is and I will get you added before the winner is picked.
Friday, September 14, 2012
Waiting to get 100 likes on Cakes and Bakes Facebook page and then I will be giving away 1 dozen free cupcakes, the flavor will be the winners choice. Click the link below and hit like, only 12 more needed for the giveaway to start! Check back soon for the contest.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Saturday, September 8, 2012
This teddy is chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.
I needed to test how well I could make a yellow peanut butter frosting for a cake coming up.
So since I had to make the frosting I decided to make a cake to take to my daughters sleepover at Grandma's house with her cousin.
On the board along the cake I wrote Sweet Dreams and Don't let the bed bugs bite.
Sunday, September 2, 2012
These cupcakes were for and 80th birthday Party. It didn't look like 60 cupcakes once I got them all on the stand. I did 5 different flavors for this party.
Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting and a fondant flower and leaf.
Double Chocolate Berry cupcakes. These were chocolate cake with a mixed berry filling, chocolate ganache and a fresh strawberry and raspberry on top.
My Ganache didn't have enough time to set up before I put it on these cupcakes so they were a little messy but still good.
Lemon Poppy Seed with a lemon curd frosting.
Pumpkin Spice with cream cheese frosting, a fondant pumpkin and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Chocolate Mocha with a chocolate mocha frosting fondant flower and ladybug.