Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Movie Night Cake


 This cake is one of my favorites that I have made. 
My sister in law loves movies so a movie night cake was perfect for her.
I wrote the names of some movies that she likes all around the cake.
The one thing I forgot to make was a cup of soda.


The bowl I shaped gumpaste around a small bowl that I have and let it dry for a couple of days.
For the popcorn I mixed some white and yellow fondant together.
I wish I didn't mix them quite as much as I did so the white showed through just a little more.


The tickets are also made out of fondant.



For the film reel I cut out two circles and the cut holes into them. 
I made a puck to but between them for the film and placed that between the circles.
Then I cut out a strip to wrap around the puck with some extra that could be unraveling out.

No comments:

Post a Comment